cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

ProgID for files in DIM

Hi there. We are using collaboration and I have a question about the correct process for creating a file association for files within DIMs.

Our program EXE file is in a DIM file. However, there does not seem to be a method to add file association within the DIM. So I tried to trick the system and add the information directly to the Extension table and the ProgID table.

However, only the extension table entries are written. The ProgID table entries don't seem to be handled and I am not exactly sure why. below is an example

|Extension | Component_ | ProgID |
| dmt | _c16f3175327101acb42c1d0df4e67b30_9CBCE3B5BD4099FE059389522A616EC5 | DeLorme Transfer File |
| saf | |DeLorme Transfer File |

| ProgID | Description | Icon_ | IconIndex |
|DeLorme Transfer File | DeLorme Transfer File | Icon_DMTFile | 0 |
|DeLorme Street Atlas USA Map File| DeLorme Street Atlas USA Map File | Icon_SAFFile | 1 |

** VERB TABLE **
|Exten_ | Verb | Sequence | Command | Argument |
|dmt | Open | NULL | NULL | "%1" |
|saf | Open | NULL | NULL | "%1" |

Am I missing something here to make this work. I can see the registry entries for SAF and DMT but I don't see any of the verb values for open and stuff. I have verified that the component ID is correct after DIM files are processed.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

BUMP ... anyone out there got any ideas? Does the structure of my three tables look correct?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I think that you need to have a Class table entry associated with your ProgID. I recommend that you use the COM Registration node in the Components view to create those COM entries. Please be sure that you specify your ProdID in the ProgID property grid for the CLSID.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

hidenori,

Thanks for the reply. Usually I would use the COM registration node in Components view, but this does not work when integrating InstallShield Collaboration Developer Information Manfiests (DIM). I don't actually see the EXE in the design view - all I have are hundreds of references to DIM files.

I will look into the class table as well. Thanks. I will probably create a sample project with the EXE added directly and see what class entries are added.
0 Kudos
Inabus
Level 6

If you dont have your ProgID's linked to ClassID's the files will not link together and add themselves to the registry. If you use com extaction and see no class info, just progid, then you will need to add the progid's to the registry rather than the ProgID table.

C:\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\7.5\Editor\Support\regspyui.exe

The program above will allow you to look at the COM info.

P
0 Kudos