cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob1
Level 2

Productivity Power Tools vs. IS 2011 LE Crash?

I didnt find this in any other thread, so if it is there, I apologize..

I am running VS 2010 on 7x64, fresh load. Installed ISLE 2010LE, then notified of the update to ISLE 2011 LE, and installed it. With Productivity Power Tools (newest version) installed and enabled, opening any .cs file from PPT's Solution Navigator in any project led to VS crashing. If I removed ISLE 2011, problem went away. If I disabled PPT and reinstall 2011LE, problem is gone. Seems to be a problem with either the PPT Solution Navigator, or ISLE 2011. I am willing to post any needed info, but do not know what anyone would want.. Please ask, and I shall post.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rob1
Level 2

I rebooted, and with ISLE 2011 or 2010 installed, VS crashes opening and C# file... I'm seriously considering moving back to NSIS.. At least I won't spend so much time troubleshooting bad software.. We had been considering upping to IS Pro or Express, but I can only imagine what kinds of problems those have if there are these kinds of issues with the LE. That idea got scrapped fast.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

I did a quick test on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and I was able to open the .cs file successfully with the Productivity Power Tools installed.

Could you kindly let us know the exact steps which resulted in a crash so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos