cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with setup.exe version and prerequisites

Hi,
I added prerequisites that are bundled with my setup.exe. Since then the setup.exe does not contain the VERSION tab or version information. I can't find any reference to this in the KB, has anyone else experienced this behavior or have a suggestion? Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Not applicable

*bump*

Any acresso people want to enlighten me? thx.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

How large is the resulting exe, and on what operating system are you looking? I think Windows XP had a problem finding this information in executables that exceeded maybe 500MB or so, and Windows Vista and later have corrected this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello and Thank you for your time.

The exe is 442 mb's. I have the issue on xp and 2003 but not Vista, so I am guessing you're correct. Do you have a link or any helpful advice as to finding a reference to this issue? I googled, but was unable to find it. Thank you for taking the time to help me.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You're welcome. And sorry, I've not found any confirmation of this behavior (but haven't really looked). We encountered the issue ourselves, and did enough probing to prove the problems were cosmetic, that Vista's Windows Explorer had resolved them, and thus that there wasn't anything we could do to resolve the behavior on Windows XP.
0 Kudos