cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinesh_redhawk
Level 6

Problem with Yes/No button in Secondary Window - Suite Installer

Hello Friends,

In my suite installer i have a scenario where the secondary window's Yes/No button doesn't work.
Scenario:
In the welcome screen, when user clicks on Next button -> A property value will be checked -> Based on this property value a secondary window will be popped "Installer might fail. Do you want to Continue? Yes/No -> If User clicks on Yes then the screen moves to License Agreement screen -> If user clicks No, it is suppose to move to Installation Complete screen BUT it still moves to License Agreement screen.

in the No button click i have set the active page as Installation complete page, so ideally it should move to this screen.

I feel both Yes and No button are not doing anything and the next screen [License agreement screen] is simply coming because as user has clicked on Next button on Welcome screen and it was suppose to move to License screen based on the sequencing, it just following the order.

In one forum, someone has faced the similar issue with OK/Cancel and he too has faced the same issue. He finally said, its a bug in IS2015 and he moved to IS2016, which fixed his issue.
In my case iam stuck with IS 2015.

If its just a bug, then i simply hate IS, as mostly iam stuck due to these bugs and Installshield is not fixing these in Updates.

Please help, if you guys have any idea.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

Log the suite install "YourSuiteName,exe" /debuglog. view the log immediately after the undesired behavior (easier to find because it will be near end of log). If that does not reveal the problem post that log here.

Also would be helpful if you could expand the 'Next' button for the Welcome page on the wizard page and post screen shot so we can see what conditions and values you have in there. Presumably you set a property in the secondary window to hold the response and then use that as a condition to determine where to go when you return from the secondary window.
0 Kudos
dinesh_redhawk
Level 6

rguggisberg wrote:
Log the suite install "YourSuiteName,exe" /debuglog. view the log immediately after the undesired behavior (easier to find because it will be near end of log). If that does not reveal the problem post that log here.

Also would be helpful if you could expand the 'Next' button for the Welcome page on the wizard page and post screen shot so we can see what conditions and values you have in there. Presumably you set a property in the secondary window to hold the response and then use that as a condition to determine where to go when you return from the secondary window.

Hello rguggisberg,

I have attached the window and activepage property snapshots & the log files.

The Property that i am setting to decide the page to navigate is BUTTONPRESSED. If YES go to License agreement page. If NO then go to InstallationComplete Page.
Please have a look and let me know.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
dinesh_redhawk
Level 6

dinesh_redhawk wrote:
Hello rguggisberg,

I have attached the window and activepage property snapshots & the log files.

The Property that i am setting to decide the page to navigate is BUTTONPRESSED. If YES go to License agreement page. If NO then go to InstallationComplete Page.
Please have a look and let me know.

Thanks.

OBSERVATION:
After setting the properties shown in the attached snapshots in below post, the navigation to respective pages are happening in the background. BUT the Secondary window stays on the main page. It doesnt go away.
I can see the pages navigating behind the secondary page.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I see. Since you 'Set Active Page' in the secondary window you don't really need to set the BUTTONPRESSED property and don't need it as a condition on 'Set Active Page'. According to the log, it looks like it worked correctly??? It works correctly for me on IS 2016 SP1 (I just 'Set Active Page' on click... no property).

If that does not work you could test if it really is a bug in IS 2015 by putting a condition on 'Visible' for the 'License Agreement' screen. Of course then you would need that BUTTONPRESSED property 🙂 If that skips the License Agreement screen you could add that condition to 'Visible' for subsequent screens except for 'Installation Complete'. Kind of a pain 😞
0 Kudos
dinesh_redhawk
Level 6

rguggisberg wrote:
I see. Since you 'Set Active Page' in the secondary window you don't really need to set the BUTTONPRESSED property and don't need it as a condition on 'Set Active Page'. According to the log, it looks like it worked correctly??? It works correctly for me on IS 2016 SP1 (I just 'Set Active Page' on click... no property).

If that does not work you could test if it really is a bug in IS 2015 by putting a condition on 'Visible' for the 'License Agreement' screen. Of course then you would need that BUTTONPRESSED property 🙂 If that skips the License Agreement screen you could add that condition to 'Visible' for subsequent screens except for 'Installation Complete'. Kind of a pain 😞

Hi rguggisberg,

I installed IS2016SP1 and updated my project to it. Now based on your suggestion, i removed all the BUTTONPRESSED property settings and conditions and only set the active page to License screen & completion screen respectively to Yes/No button. Even i removed the BUTTONPRESSED property check in the InstallationWelcome screen Next button click. Nothing else.
Now when iam running the installer, the page is navigating properly but the Secondary window is not exiting. It stays constantly on the screen despite pressing the Yes or No buttons.
Any solution for that? Attached is the log file.

thanks
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

You probably need to add a 'Close Window' event to the Click.
0 Kudos
dinesh_redhawk
Level 6

rguggisberg wrote:
You probably need to add a 'Close Window' event to the Click.

Hello rguggisberg,

I tried your suggestion. But now the behavior is like this:

Press Yes -> it shows License screen then automatically goes to "Select Installation type" screen [Basically, it skips the license screen page]
IS it because of the sequencing or some problem in my steps?
can we rectify it.?

Press No -> goes directly to Installation complete screen

Please check the logs

Thanks.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

If you look at the log you posted you can see that when you click 'Yes' it does actually go to the 'LicenseAgreement' page. It is only executing the first action. Perhaps that is on 'Visible' or on 'Page Entered'. What are those actions. Maybe you need to change the condition on that.
0 Kudos