cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fengzhou
Level 3

Problem on .NET framework 3.5 install

Hi,

We have three products in one CD, but every product needs .NET framework 3.5, if every product includes .NET framework 3.5 as a prerequisite, the total three products size will be larger than 700M, that means i have to turn to DVD, that's very bad for me.

In order to share .NET framework 3.5, I try to use installscript to launch .NET framework 3.5, but it says it can't launch two installer.

does anyone have similar problems?

thanks in advance.
fengzhou
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Could you write an auto launcher to show options for installing .NET and your 3 products? You could grey out the buttons for the products until .NET is installed.

You could also maybe build uncompressed setups and allow your three products to all exist in a single directory structure with the .NET directory overlapping.

Probably a few other tricks you could do also.
0 Kudos
fengzhou
Level 3

Christopher Painter wrote:
Could you write an auto launcher to show options for installing .NET and your 3 products? You could grey out the buttons for the products until .NET is installed.

You could also maybe build uncompressed setups and allow your three products to all exist in a single directory structure with the .NET directory overlapping.

Probably a few other tricks you could do also.

Thank you!
i wrote an auto launcher with VBScript in .hta, it works. i am trying to find more better way.

best regards,
Fengzhou
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

The trick with autolauchers is they need to be a stand alone that requires no dependencies to be installed. DemoShield and old version of Delphi are good choices. You can also consider writing an InstallScript project that doesn't actually install anything just to handle the UI and shelling out to your packages.
0 Kudos