cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bucko666
Level 3

Problem adding merge module to project

Ive downloaded the crystal reports merge modules, copied them to the appropriate folder that is nominated in the merge modules options, but cannot see them in the redistributables list.

See screenshot below:

Screenshot

Also, i swear i saw a part where you could specify how deep the installer would search for an existing .exe, and set the [INSTALLDIR] to that path. I cant seem to find it now... Unless i remember it from a different program.
Does it or something similar exist in Express 2008 ??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The Crystal Reports merge modules are actually considered to be InstallShield objects. They are basically merge modules, but when you add one of them to a project, InstallShield launches a wizard that lets you configure appropriate settings. So, in the filter at the top of the view, you have Merge Module selected. You'll want to change that to InstallShield Object or All Types. Then you'll see the Crystal Reports redistributables.

As for your other question, I'm not quite sure. It sounds a bit like the System Search Wizard. To learn how to launch this wizard, see System Search Wizard.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
Bucko666
Level 3

Thanks Debbie, they don't show up if i have all objects selected either... Is there anyway i can add them manually or some way to actually select them ??
0 Kudos
Bucko666
Level 3

Ok, i right clicked on another object and said browse for merge module, selected the crystal 10 merge module, and it then took me down the bottom of the list and they are already in the list, but are actually named: rdcdesigntime, rdcruntime and reportengine. With no mention of crystal which is why i overlooked them.

My other question i think ill rephrase a bit....

How do i search the target system for a previous installation and set the current installfolder to that path if a specified exe is found ??

Cheers
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Can you tell me some more about what you are trying to do? Are you trying to search the target system to see if an earlier version of your product is installed, and if so, set the installation directory to the same location? If so, did you configure an upgrade entry in the Upgrade Paths view?

Or are you trying to search the target system to see if a certain file from a different product exists, and then set the installation directory for your product to that location?

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos