cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
axu_69
Level 4

Problem adding 3rd party merge module to Installscript project

Hello:

I have posted this in the InstallShield2010 forum.

I am running into some problems when trying to include some 3rd party merge modules into a InstallScript project. These merge modules are specfic to our application and cannot be downloaded from Acresso web site.

According to the InstallShield help, "InstallShield does not permit you to add a merge module to your InstallScript project if the merge module is not installed on your computer. If an object is not installed on your computer, it is not listed in this view"

I am a little confused by this. Does this mean that I cannot include merge modules that is not availabe from Acresson Web Site? This does not seem to make sense since I would imagine many people want to include their own merge modules.

I have tried to place my merge modules in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Modules\i386. After that my merge modules appeared in Application data\Objects\InstallShield Objects\Merge Modules View and I can include them in my feature. However, I am not sure that this is the correct approach.

In addition, we also have merge modules that are 64bit. How should I add them since there is only an i386 folder under InstallShield\2010\Modules. Can I just create a x64 directory?

Can I have two merge module holder objects in my installscirpt project, one for 32bit and one for 64bit?

Thank you very much,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Sandor1990
Level 2

axu_69 wrote:

I have tried to place my merge modules in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Modules\i386. After that my merge modules appeared in Application data\Objects\InstallShield Objects\Merge Modules View and I can include them in my feature. However, I am not sure that this is the correct approach.

In addition, we also have merge modules that are 64bit. How should I add them since there is only an i386 folder under InstallShield\2010\Modules. Can I just create a x64 directory?

Can I have two merge module holder objects in my installscirpt project, one for 32bit and one for 64bit?

Hey,

got almost the same problem.
I included my merge modules the same way, not sure this is the "correct" way.
Is it possible to have 32bit and 64bit merge modules in one project? There's always an compile error when building it:

ISDEV: error -5008: Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream

Furthermore is it possible to include the merge modules so they are NOT uninstalled when uninstalling my main installation files??

Kind regards,
Sand0r
0 Kudos