cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeejay
Level 3

Problem Installing In Microsoft Vista

I tried installing my ISMP installer project on Microsoft Vista RC 1 and got this error from the command line:

"The installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running the installer with the -console or -silent flag."

Does anyone have a solution for this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
mslama
Level 3

Run with -is:log and give result here. There are 2 problems we know about:
1. Problem with JFileChooser icon resource it was fixed in JDK 6.0 b96. I do not know when it will be fixed in JDK 5.0.
2. Installer exe is run in Compatibility mode by Vista by default. You must switch off compatibility mode manually in Properties -> Compatibility tab.
This is our experience with IS 11 and Vista RC1 b5600
0 Kudos
jeejay
Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested and still does not work. I installed JDK 6.0.0.86 on the system aside from JDK 5.0.09 . Here is an excerpt from the log:

(Oct 3, 2006 9:00:30 AM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener, dbg, java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3136
STACK_TRACE: 13
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3136
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getFileChooserIcon(Win32ShellFolder2.java:797)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2.get(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:274)
at sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder.get(ShellFolder.java:218)
at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel$LazyWindowsIcon.createValue(WindowsLookAndFeel.java:2036)
at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getFromHashtable(UIDefaults.java:199)
at javax.swing.UIDefaults.get(UIDefaults.java:144)
at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.get(MultiUIDefaults.java:44)
at com.installshield.wizard.swing.SwingWizardUI.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.wizardInitializing(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$WizardListenerInitializer.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

(Oct 3, 2006 9:00:30 AM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener, err, could not initialize interface swing
0 Kudos
mslama
Level 3

You need newer JDK 6.0 build from https://jdk6.dev.java.net/ Get latest binary snapshot and make sure it is actually used by launcher using -is:javahome
0 Kudos
jeejay
Level 3

Thank you for your help. I did download the latest JDK 6 from the site you provided and it worked. I just hope that they would port the fix to JDK 5.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
paulraby
Level 2

It's fixed in 1.5.11, which is not yet generally available but should be within a few weeks.
0 Kudos