cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigoldsofty
Level 4

Preventing Duplicate entries in Add/Remove Programs

The product I'm installing is now in Version 4.xxxx and up until recently I have had no problem with installing over the previous versions. For each subsequent release all we have done is change the version number (in few places) and the ProductCode. The UpgradeCode has remained the same throughout. I have just confirmed this using Orca. However in the last 3 releases new entries have been added to the Add/Remove programs. There is still only the one installation and it is the latest version and runs correctly. All files are allowed to be overwritten but one which an xml file that contains personal settings for the program which should remain between upgrades.
What else could be causing this problem to suddenly appear? I'd like to solve this before moving it to Installshield 2011.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Cygnusx1
Level 8

In the Upgrade Table try changing the VersionMax to a greater number. i.e if your version is 9.4.5 change this value to 9.999.9999. I have run into in the past that the ProductVersion is not always seen as viewed.
0 Kudos