cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbgladiator
Level 3

Prerequisites

Hi,

I have a list of prerequisites that need to be installed before running the setup.
If I run the setup package for the first time, the screen shows up and they install fine. However, if, after the setup, I go into add/remove and remove one of the prerequisites, and then run the setup again, it doesn't get installed and the setup continues as if it was installed on the system. I also removed the condition for triggering the prerequisite so it should be triggered.
It appears as if the prerequisite part is not running at all and it goes straight to the setup.
The type of setup is InstallScript Project.

Shouldn't the prerequisite be checked each time the setup is ran?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
vbgladiator
Level 3

To add to the post,

I added a new prerequisite and re-compiled the setup.
After running it, the prerequisite window did not appear either.
Are the prerequisites only checked on the initial run? What happens if your application's requirements change and a new prerequisite is added?

I had to un-install the application and then when running the setup, the prerequisites window showed up again.
0 Kudos
rrinblue22
Level 9

I think this was an issue in IS 2010........... prerequisite doesn't trigger in an upgrade in a pure InstallScript project.............

you can check this in IS2011............ as a solution for your issue, you would need to perform the check manually using InstallScript...check for registry and later trigger your prerequisite based on the presence of your prerequisite.........
0 Kudos