Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek_Batwar
Level 4

Prerequisites in Suite Projects

Hi All,
I am new to installshield...
Can anyone plz tell me how to add prerequisites in suite project.
I have a .msi that has dependency to .NET Framework 3.5.
How to Check Prerequisites is already installed or not on target System?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As of today you have to manually convert the conditions and files from a prerequisite file into a new Suite package. (I'd suggest marking it as a dependency package.) You check for the package by properly specifying its detection condition.
0 Kudos
Abhishek_Batwar
Level 4

hi Michael,
Thanks for reply.
But I am not getting...
I have already made .msi as primary package and dotnetfx3.5 .exe as dependency package and also set conditions 'NO' for repair,remove,modify. Now please tell me how to set detection condition for this .exe.
I have also tested with file exist and registry exist condition but unable to do the work.
I wants at first time on a fresh machine this .msi should be installed with dotnetfx3.5 .exe.
but if .net framework is already installed on machine it should only install .msi.
how could I do that?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Well, the prerequisite checks the Version value of the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5, and compares against 3.5.21022.08. That seems like a pretty good way to detect the presence of the framework to me.
0 Kudos
Abhishek_Batwar
Level 4

hi Michael,

I have applied the same condition as you have suggested me, but it didn't work.
Actually I have a suite project that has 1 .msi having dependency on dotnetfx35.exe and vcredist2005.exe. So I have made .msi as primary package and both .exe as dependency packages and also set remove,modify and repair condition to 'NO' and detection condition for both of the .exe to registry comparision.
-->Registry Comparison for dotnetfx35.exe to checks the Version value of the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5, and compares against 3.5.21022.08.
-->Registry Comparison for vcredist2005.exe to checks the Version value of the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, and compares against 8.0.50727.42.

I have also set location as download from web for all three and provide the correct URL.

Now I wants that on a fresh machine this .msi should install with both .exe.
but if both .exe is already installed on target system it should not download and install them again.

how can I do that?
Thanks in advance...
0 Kudos
ABatwara
Level 2

Hi All,
please give reply to this problem...
0 Kudos