cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharonv
Level 3

Prerequisites - I'm prompted to install the prerequisite although it's installed

Hi All.

My requirement:
.NET framework 4 Full must be installed on the machine to continue the installation. If it's not installed - the user should be prompted to install it from the web (nice to have - the user will be directed to the relevant web page).

The problem:
I marked "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full (Web Download)" prerequisite in the Redistributables view. Since then, when I run my installation even on a machine with the .NET 4.0 full installed, I get a message "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full package or greater needs to be installed for this installation to continue."
I even unmarked the item in the Redistributables view and rebuilt the project but I still get this message when I run the installation. :confused:

My questions:
1. How can I remove the prerequisite check? I currently can't continue to work on the installation.
2. How do I achieve my requirement?

Thanks,
Sharon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
baking
Level 3

Just guessing, but if you click on "Direct Editor" and then on the "LaunchCondition" table, is there a row that checks for .Net? Remove that row and see if it helps. Make sure you do it through a transform or make a copy of your MSI first.
0 Kudos
sharonv
Level 3

Thanks, baking, you guessed right. There was such row there, and when I deleted it it didn't check for the .NET 4 anymore. 🙂
0 Kudos
sharonv
Level 3

So issue 1 resolved, but issue 2 not.
Now I can't make InstallShield to check for .NET 4.
When installing on computer without .NET 4 installed the installation continues as usual.
I also tried to add my own prerequisite with the relevant condition (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\Install is not 1) but with no luck.
Any suggestions? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

You can try using the prerequisites editor to edit the prerequisite. Go to Application Data / Redistributables. Right-click on the .Net 40 entry and choose Edit Prerequisite. There are various tabs that contain values you can modify.

I have no problems at all with .net 4.0 but the 4.5 puts me in an infinite loop, always reboots, never recognizes that it has already successfully installed it.
0 Kudos