cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy_Smith
Level 3

Prerequisite marked optional always installs

I have used the prerequisite editor to create a .prq file for a pre-requisite packaged with a setup.exe. In the editor, I have selected the check box "The prerequisite may be optionally skipped by the user". I am adding this using the redistributables view.

However, during the install, the package is always installed and no optional dialog is presented to the user. Is there some other setting I need to use to make the prerequisite optional with a user dialog presented?

Any suggestions on how to make the prerequisite optional would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Wendy_Smith
Level 3

Further testing has shown that after the first screen stating that the prerequisites are required and offering a button labeled "Install", a second Yes/No type dialog box is presented for the user to optionally install the prerequisite.

As some users may mis-interpret this first screen to indicate that the Install button will begin the install, I have edited the text of the pre-requisite dialog in the .ini file. However, I can't find a method to re-label the button. Also, this work around requires the string in the .ini file be edited after every build.

For optional pre-requisites, does anyone know a way to configure the text and button labels on the pre-requisite dialog that doesn't require manual editing of the .ini files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Dan_Galender
Level 10

You might try renaming the prerequisite to something like:

My Setup Prerequisite (May optionally by skipped after clicking "Install").prq
0 Kudos
Wendy_Smith
Level 3

Thanks, good idea as it won't require manual updating after the build.

There appears to be a file name limit, somewhere about 60 characters but a shorter variant on the same theme will work well.
0 Kudos