cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jescott
Level 3

Prerequisite behavior different from IDE vs. Standalone build

I use IS 2011 IDE on my workstation to develop/maintain our installations. We use the IS 2011 Standalone build on the build box to build our products and installers nightly. Both IsCmdBld.exe versions are 17.0.0.714.

We are using the built-in Prerequisites dialog to check for and install dependencies as necessary, and they are setup to download from the internet.

If I build the setup project using the IDE on my workstation, the prereqs dialog work as expected and only shows the selected prereqs to install if necessary or not at all when none are needed. However, the setups built from the stand-alone build on the build box show a different behavior. The prereqs dialog always show and --all-- prereqs are selected for installation regardless if the machine is 32-bit or 64-bit (it shows both in the list). When the "Install" button is clicked, the dialog just goes away then the installation continues. Please see the attached JPG image for what I mean. This is on a 32-bit XP machine that has all the prereqs installed but this dialog pops up no matter what.

I've double-checked all the PRQ files on the build box vs. my workstation and they are all in sync.

Is this a known issue with IS 2011 SAB that will be fixed soon or is there already a fix for it? I believe I installed the HotFix A version on the build box, but how do I verify that?

Thanks,
Jon.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jescott
Level 3

I tried modifying the IsCmdBld.exe parameters on the build box to include the -prqpath variable, but that didn't make any difference. The problem still persists.

We need a solution to this.

Thanks,
Jon.
0 Kudos
jescott
Level 3

OK, turns out it's not an InstallShield 2011 bug. Coming from InstallShield 10.5, I didn't realize with 2011 there is a new ISSetupPrerequisites folder in the media output. Our build scripts weren't handling copying the PRQ files from this folder to the "published" folder for release. Once these files were copied, the prereq dialog is working as expected.

Thanks,
Jon.
0 Kudos