cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

PreRequisites installed by Feature selection

We have a 2 part install where we have a basic install package that simply installs the required prerequisites and then the main app installer.

I had the prerequisites installs "Conditinal Installation" set toe "Install before feature selection"

This was working fine, but then I get a request to have a license dialog box pop up first to ask the users if they agree to the license first before continuing.

So I then set the prerequisites to the main feature, but when I run the install the main product triggers and installs, but the prerequisites do not get installed. Now as I said, this install is basic and therefore does not install any files. So is this the issue or is there another issue that is causing the prerequisites not to be installed?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

So you have an issue with PRQ's while associating them with feature? which works fine otherwise.

may be it's already installed....or prerequisite condition may be returning false etc......
log file should help you in this case....
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

I ran the install with the /debuglog parameter and the log shows the following:

7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Running setup prerequisites ()...
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Checking setup prerequisite 'JRE_6_Update_20_x64.prq'
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Features do not match for prerequisite 'JRE_6_Update_20_x64.prq'
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Checking setup prerequisite 'Apache_Tomcat_6.0.26.prq'
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Features do not match for prerequisite 'Apache_Tomcat_6.0.26.prq'
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Checking setup prerequisite 'PostgreSQLPrequisite.prq'
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Features do not match for prerequisite 'PostgreSQLPrequisite.prq'
7-5-2011[06:40:04 AM]: Prerequisites returning 0

So what does "Features do not match for prerequisite ...." mean? Are there other settings that have to be done to get the prerequisite to work from a Feature selection? All I need is to display the license agreement dialob box first before the prereq's are installed so that they are not installed if the user does not accept the licene.

Thanks for any help on this issue.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

I verified that none of the Prerequisites existed on the machine before the test.. So do not know why they work when set to install before feature selection, but not work if you attach them to a feature....

Any other help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos