cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalvihrishi
Level 3

Pre-Requisite

My requirement is pretty simple - Need to check for the registry key , check whether its value is "x" or "y".If key contains either of the 2 values continue else exit the installation.
I tried it using Pre-requisites editor but it doesnot provides the option of searching for 2 values i mean this or this else error

Any help would be appreciated
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

i believe you can use multiple conditions for registry first you can use value 1 as condition and then use value 2 again.
0 Kudos
dalvihrishi
Level 3

If i do use multiple conditions case would be something like this

case 1 ) check whether registry contains value "x"
case 2) check whether registry contains value "y"

In this case ,one of the case would fail and stop the installation coz i need to check for "x" or "y"

Would you please highlight on the same
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield prerequisites are installed on the target machine if the following are true:

• The target machine meets any of the operating system conditions and all of the other conditions that are listed on the Conditions tab.

• For feature prerequisites only (that is, an InstallShield prerequisite that is associated with one or more features in the main installation)—The feature that contains the feature prerequisite must be installed. Thus, if the feature has a condition that is not met on the target system, or if the end user chooses not to install the feature, the feature is not installed. As a result, none of its associated feature prerequisites are installed, unless the feature prerequisites are also associated with other features that are installed.

In order to accomplish your requirements, you might want to consider using an Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI project that offers more flexible package condition.
0 Kudos