cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRuney
Level 3

Pixels to InstallShield Size Ratio

Wondering if there is any documentation to converting the pixel size of an image to the value set in installshield's dialogue editor.

In other words; I found that an image with 70 pixel height by 500 pixel length comes out perfectly in installshield if you make the containing box 53 height and 375 length. If the containing box is not 53x375 it will distort the image when I run the dialogue sequence.

So I calculated a .75 ratio of pixels to Installshield value.

My question is

1.) Is this the correct ratio to use across the board in Installshield?

2.) Why not just use pixels? If I have a 70x500px image, it would make sense for the containing box to be 70x500.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The suite is using DLU, so unfortunately there is no 100% consistent mapping. I think we need to introduce a concept similar to that in CSS which would allow specification of the kind of size being specified. E.g. the current 375 might become 375dlu which you could then replace with 500px. The trick will be making this properly handle various DPI and/or large fonts settings.
0 Kudos
angleblue63
Level 2

Can I do this with InstallScript, how? Can I make it work with VBScript, how? Is there any other alternative?
0 Kudos