cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoderCoder
Level 8

Per user install - ReadytoInstall Dialog - USERNAME resolves incorrectly

I have implemented the a per-machine/per-user install based on the instructions in the help. It seems working fine. However, when I logged on as the standard user and running the install as a standard user, the user name, "user", displayed in "Only for me (user)" is not really the standard user I am using, it is supposed to be "std", "user" is the admin user on the machine.

I think there is bug here. It looks ok in the dialog design in InstallShield User Interface, it displays [USERNAME] but somehow it does not resolve it to the real standard user.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The USERNAME property is provided by Windows Installer, so I suspect it accurately reflects the account which is running this installation. Did you accept any UAC prompts when you started this installation? Are there any hints up to this point in a verbose log file?
0 Kudos
JoderCoder
Level 8

No UAC window is, expectedly, prompted up to this point, hence nothing was accepted.

I remember that, in the log file, it shows the USERNAME property is resolved to "user" instead of "std". I can re-create and provide the logs tomorrow AM first thing if that would help.

Thanks Michael.
0 Kudos