cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JShumaker
Level 2

Path Variables in setup prerequisite

Using the setup prerequisite editor I've created a prerequisite which contains 2 files. I have one of those 2 files set to run, then I've set parameters for this app pointing to the second file in the prerequisite. The problem I'm having is that i can't reference the second file only by it's filename. Under 32-bit windows it works fine, but under 64-bit windows I'm having an issue with the current directory changing for the first app launched.

Is there any way to specify some directory variable in the prerequisite arguments section that will be changed to the directory the prerequisite was downloaded to? Something along the lines of:
[SUPPORTDIR]\targetfile.ext
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
yeknasl
Level 2

I would like to be able to use path variables in the prerequisite, but currently in InstallShield2008 (for Basic MSI) this doesn't seem to work. Is this something that can be done some other way?

Also is there a way to store .prq files in another location other than in ISProjectFolder\SetupPrerequisites? When It ry from another location, the prerequisite doesn't even show up in the redistributables list :confused:
0 Kudos