cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_R
Level 4

Path Environment Variables - Recognition Trouble

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the path environment variables that I specified in the "Path Variables" tab to be recognized. I'm attempting to get two path environment variables working so that I can build my installer on a build machine that has different paths to the files than my machine. Eventually, the build machine is going to use Visual Build Pro to automate the build process. After searching the forums for similar trouble, I couldn't find anything that could help me.

So, the two path environment variables that I'm creating are PATH_TO_TOOL_FILES and PATH_TO_DISCFINALIZE_FILES. In the "Path Variables" tab, I've specified the Name, Defined Value, and subsequently the Current Value of the variables to all be PATH_TO_TOOL_FILES and PATH_TO_DISCFINALIZE_FILES respectively for each (no % decorations anywhere). I set the actual environment variables values using My Computer's Properties, going to the Advanced tab, and then opening the "Environment Variables" window. I've tried setting the variables as both user and system variables without success.

Also, I saw that another post mentioned that the project needed to be completely closed and reopened for the variables to take effect, so I've tried doing that. However, the environment variables are still not recognized.

If I switch the two path variables' type from Environment to Standard with the values that I've specified in the actual environment variables, the file paths are recognized.

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(22) Replies
Kelter
Level 10

I'm having this problem with IS2012 Spring. Has this seriously not been fixed in 4 whole years? I have dynamic links, I need to set the source directory at build time, and I expect documented features to work.
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

Kelter wrote:
I'm having this problem with IS2012 Spring. Has this seriously not been fixed in 4 whole years? I have dynamic links, I need to set the source directory at build time, and I expect documented features to work.

I have spent a long time trying to get this to work, as documented, in IS2012 Spring. I then found this thread which says the ISCmdBld.exe "-l" switch does not work. Amazing that this bug still remains unfixed; I have logged a support case asking why.
0 Kudos