cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry_G
Level 3

Packaging with Mobile2Market Certificate

I'm working on packaging an application for Windows Mobile for one of our customers and they are considering using Verisign for their Mobile2Market certificate provider and I'm working on figuring out how to get the CAB files signed with the Verisign Mobile2Market certificate and get those signed CAB files incorporated in the MSI.

So far, the only solution I've found is to build the installation goes something like this and is completely manual:
1. Extract the CAB files that need to be signed from the MSI (or use the CAB files from the CEApps directory beneath the configuration being built),
2. Sign them with the initial code-signing cert provided to me from Verisign,
3. Post those to the Verisign site,
4. Download them after they've been signed with the cert chained to the Microsoft Mobile2Market root cert, and then
5. Insert those signed files back into the MSI. (Using Orca or InstallShield as the MSI editor.)

Any different ideas for solving this problem? Has anyone found an automated solution using InstallShield as the setup packaging IDE?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
laugensen
Level 4

Does anyone have a better solution for this yet?
I'm now using IS 2010, and have bumped into the same problem.
Is there a setting to keep the .cab-files separate (i.e. not include them into the msi)?
0 Kudos