cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melvynp32
Level 3

Overwriting an existing application

When I try to install over an existing application. Installshield gives me the option to repair or remove or modify. I want to hide this from the user and simply overwrite the existing application. How can I suppress that dialog?

Thanks,
Melvyn Polatchek
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Cygnusx1
Level 8

Are you upgrading in some way? Major, minor, small Update? Look at changing the PackageCode & ProductCode
0 Kudos
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

Hi there
go to sequences and under user interface go to MaintenanceWelcome and set condition to 0

but note that you can only uninstall from add and remove programs
0 Kudos
melvynp32
Level 3

Hi Vutakanti,
I have not been able to locate, in InstallationDesigner, 'sequences' Can you tell me how to find the setting?

Thanks,
Melvyn Polatchek
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Its part of the "Custom Actions and Sequences" section under Behavior and Logic.

With that section on display Look for Sequences\Installation\User Interface. MaintenanceWelcome is in that sequence. See below:

0 Kudos
melvynp32
Level 3

My behavior and logic section only contains two items, Installscript and Support file/billboards.

I am using Installshield 2102 on windows 7. This is an installscript project.

Thanks,
Melvyn Polatchek
0 Kudos
melvynp32
Level 3

I had to open a ticket with support to get a very simple answer. In the Installation Designer under General information. An item call Maintenance Exprerience should be set (there is a dropdown) to 'No uninstall or maintenance'

I now am coming to grips with how dense a challenge this product can be.

Thanks to all who tried to answer. I'm sure there will be more questions
0 Kudos