cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBetteridge
Level 2

Operating system property behaving oddly

Hi,
I have a very odd problem with the operating system property within a component.

At the end of last year I created a new installation and specified a feature with 2 components. Component 1 was to be installed on Windows 2003, XP and Vista and Component 2 was to be installed on Windows 2000 and I set the opeating system property appropriately.
This works perfectly.

This week I develop an installation for a similar product, again it needs a feature with 2 components with the same configuration. Only this time when I install on XP, Vista (or Windows 7) the files associated with the component are not installed. IT does work however when I install on windows 2000.

Investigation shows that in the build log for product 1, I can see both components listed. However for product 2 (the recent installation), I can only see the component corresponding to Windows 2000 setup.

I have opened both installations side by side and every property seems to match. I have deleted and readded the feature and cannot resolve. I can't understand why this works great in one installation and fails miserably in the second.

Any feedback gratefully received.
Cheers
steven
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

Maybe another thread can help you, please see http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=197095
0 Kudos
SBetteridge
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin. Although similar it is not the same.

I am not using .net assemblies - these are 'c' dlls that I am trying to install.

In addition the same configuration works in one install project and fails in my new project. I have thought of a work around. I will create one feature that installs to all operating systems and a second feature that only installs to
w2k. I am hoping that on w2k systems it will install the second feature over the top of the first feature.

Wish me luck testing it.
Cheers
Steven
0 Kudos