cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinEEE
Level 2

Open a text file before the end of installation

Hi I'm using Installshield 2009 and I'm trying to open a text file at the end of installaton.
I followed the explations described inside this document:
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield16helplib_sp1/FileOpenDialog-HowTo.htm
All works fine, my button opens the bowser, then I choose a text file (for open it), but when I click on "Open" the bowser is closed and that's it.
So how to open a text file (with notepad, with admin rights)?

All proposals are welcome.
Many thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Robin.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
dheeraj
Level 3

To launch a ReadMe file, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Dialogs view and open the Dialog Layout for the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.

2. Set the TabStop of the Bitmap dialog control to True.

3. Give the ReadMe check box control a value in the Value property if there is no value.

4. Navigate to the Property Manager view.

5. Add the property called SHOWLAUNCHREADME with a value of -1.

6. Add the property called READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND with a value of 1.

7. Open the Custom Actions view.

8. Add a Launch EXE custom action that launches a text viewer application and passes the ReadMe file to it.

9. Navigate to the Dialogs view and select the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.

10. Insert this custom action as a new DoAction event on the Behavior of the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog for the OK button.

11. As a condition on the new Doaction add the LAUNCHREADME property and set it equal to the value specified for the check box in step 3.

12. (Optional) If you want the ReadMe check box selected by default, add the LAUNCHREADME property in the Property Manager. If you do not create this property, the dialog will display the check box, but will not have it selected by default.

Regards
Dheeraj
dheerajriets@gmail.com
0 Kudos