cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Non-Editable Checkbox

Project Type: InstallScript

This maybe sound a little counter-productive but is there any way of making a checkbox control non-editable but still enabled (meaning not greyed out)? The idea here is that the checkbox is really informational, not really functional. The installer will control if the checkbox is checked or not based on some condition derived by the script code. It's being used on a summary dialog that isn't meant to be functional as such.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

If you want to show a control that has an immuttable value, then disabling it ( making it greyed out ) is the Windows UI practice.

I suppose if you really want to do what you want to do, you could cheat with a couple of bitmaps and then swap out which one is visible. It would probably look really funky though if the user switches desktop themes or goes to a newer operating system.
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

Thanks. For now we'll just leave them as checkboxes but at a later time we'll probably swap those out with labels and custom bitmap images. I was just hoping to avoid having to do that while still getting the basic look and feel of a checkmark to mean "successful" and an empty box to mean "unsuccessful".
0 Kudos
pmatlock
Level 6

Did you ever find a solution to this? I was going to implement the same functionality you described
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

We settled on the checkbox for the time being and have not revisited this to look for a way to do it.
0 Kudos