cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bduchesne
Level 3

Newbie Needs help

I am new to Installshield and need some help. :confused:

I have set up the basics for an application that I am distributing however there are two things that need to be done in the Installshield package.

Once the package has finished its install, I need to run a SQL script that will execute a SQL database restore. I have the SQL Script in a file. I want to do the restore so that I do it using the WITH MOVE option of the SQL script and I want to place the moved files in a folder of my choosing. Therefore, I need to be create the folder before executing the script. I cannot find how to create custom folders.

I am totally lost as to how to do this. If anyone can help out, I would deeply appreciate it.

---------------

TIA

🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Kelter
Level 10

did you try creating a component with the folder you are trying to create as a destination, but don't put any files in it?

otherwise, you could try a "Launch an exe" custom action. the source would be "[SystemFolder]" and the target would be "cmd.exe /c mkdir [some_directory]".

or you could create an installscript CA that would create the directory.

in both CA solutions, you would have to remember to author another CA on uninstall to remove the folder.

...okay, i just checked...my first solution will work for you...create the empty component. just set the directory name, and you'll be all set.
0 Kudos