cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denny
Level 3

.Net 4 requiremets - which one?

i am creating a setup package and i need to reqire the install of .Net 4.0 Client Profile
I see for .Net it is listing the Client profile 2 times
it is also listing full package 2 times

So which one to select?

if one ix for 64 bit and the other one is for 32 bit it does not say which one is which.

I guess i will have to try each of them and figure out what they are...
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Denny,

Ideally there should be only one entry listed for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 client and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full Prerequisite.
Kindly ensure that there are no duplicates of these two prerequisites in the location C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010LE\SetupPrerequisites.
The prerequisites listed in the Redistributables view are based on the .prq (prerequisite) files present in the location C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010LE\SetupPrerequisites.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The following .NET Framework 4 prerequisites are available:

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full (Web Download)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client (Web Download)

Note the following details about these prerequisites:

• The Full prerequisites install the .NET Framework runtime and associated files that are required to run and develop applications that target the .NET Framework 4.
  • The Client prerequisites install the .NET Framework runtime and associated files that are required to run most client applications.
  • The two Web download prerequisites require an Internet connection. These prerequisites download the required redistributable files if appropriate. The other two prerequisites are stand-alone installations that do not require an Internet connection.

The .NET Framework 4.0 requires Windows Installer 3.1 or later, as well as the Windows Imaging Component. Therefore, the .NET Framework 4.0 Full prerequisites are configured to have dependencies for the following InstallShield prerequisites:

• Windows Installer 3.1 (x86)
  • Windows Imaging Component (x86)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows Server 2003 SP1 (x86)
  • Windows Imaging Component (x64)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows Server 2003 SP1 (IA64)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows Server 2003 SP1 (x64)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows XP (x64)

In addition, the .NET Framework 4.0 Client prerequisites are configured to have dependencies for the following InstallShield prerequisites:

• Windows Installer 3.1 (x86)
  • Windows Imaging Component (x86)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows Server 2003 SP1 (x86)
  • Windows Imaging Component (x64)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows Server 2003 SP1 (x64)
  • Windows Installer 3.1 for Windows XP (x64)

Thus, if you add any of the .NET Framework 4.0 prerequisites to your project, InstallShield also adds prerequisites for Windows Installer and Windows Imaging Component to your installation automatically by default. This could increase the size of your installation.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Denny,

Kindly let us know if you are still facing issues with the .NET 4.0 Prerequisite.

If yes,let us know the .NET 4.0 entries you see at your end.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
MajorWinters
Level 3

This is what I see on the requirements screen.
0 Kudos
denny
Level 3

MajorWinters wrote:
This is what I see on the requirements screen.

that is what i get...

if one is the web install and the other is not then the text in your gui needs to be fixed so i can tell which is which.

also after installing this install le for VS i get many crashes in VS 2010
even after a full re-install of VS 2010.

WIn7 x64 OS, VS 2010 Premium Ed.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

You may choose any one of the .Net 4.0 client package entries under the requirements view.
Both of the .Net 4.0 client package entries perform the same function.
It checks if .Net 4.0 client package is installed on the target system before installing the setup.
The .Net 4.0 full package entry under the requirements view performs the same function.
I am currently working with my engineering team on this issue.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Denny,

Could you kindly let us know the exact steps you followed which resulted in Visual Studio crashing so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos