cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parameswari_s
Level 3

Need to install SQL within the deployment Product

Hi,

We are working in the deployment project using the InstallShield Spring express. I will explain our requirement in detail:
1. Our installation screen first shows the Welcome screen then we go through License agreement screen.
2. After this we will be having the SetUP type Screen having Typical and Minimal option. If the end user selects minimal then, Only our Product should be installed . If Typical is selected then we have to install SQL 2008 R2 with silent installation. Is this is possible using Install shield Express?

We had tried this approach in Windows installer , but SQL didn't install successfully. Do you have any settings to do this work?
If so,then suggest us with some links or samples.

Second question : If we buy Express do you give suport for upgrading to Professional after some time( if required) ?

Rds,
Parameswari
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

You may want to consider using a feature prerequisite in order to accomplish your requirements. You would need to simply assoicate the SQL Server 2008 R2 Express prerequisite with a feature that is associated with the Typical setup type, but not associated with the Minimal setup type. See Setup Prerequisites vs. Feature Prerequisites for more information.
0 Kudos
steffina
Level 3

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I tried that prerequisites but we need to do the Silent Install for SQL 2008 R2 . But in the .prq file Cmd line parameters are not for Silent . I treid to change the .prq file tp pass silent parameters , but it doesn't help me.
The parameters I tried for Silent is :

"/Q /ACTION=Install /FEATURES=SQL /INSTANCENAME=InsTest4 /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\\Network Service" /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="BUILTIN\\ADMINISTRATORS" /AGTSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\\Network Service" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS" instead of "/q /HideConsole"

I searched documents for this , but not fixes my issue. Can you suggest me to do the Silent Install - SQL server 2008 R2? If possible, sent me the working .prq file for silent install.

Rds,
Parameswari
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Did you change the prerequisite condition to check if the 'InsTest4' instance has already been installed on the target machine as well?
0 Kudos
steffina
Level 3

Hi,

Yes, I use below code to check for the Instance:

Need to do any more changes in it? The actual problem is when I use existing prq file then the SQL installation starts. If I change the prq file and place it in the SetPrerequisites folder then it doesn't starts the sql installation itself it moves to the next step of installing my product.

I have attached the prq file.

Kindly help to solve this.

Rds,
Parameswari
0 Kudos
reddappa
Level 2

Replace your tag with below tag in the prq file:
0 Kudos
steffina
Level 3

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have changed the prq file , it shows error message saying
The files for installation requirement SQLTest could not be found. The installtion will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.

Below is the modified PRQ file:

What else needs to be changed ?

Thanks,
0 Kudos