cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGorman
Level 3

Need Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 SP3 Prerequisite

Is there a .prq file available that installs the SP3 version of SQL Server Express 2005 for x86 or x64?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Please check out this thread.
0 Kudos
egreene
Level 3

I just modified my InstallShield project to use the SP3 installer from the previous post. However, now when I run my installer, both SQL Express 2005 SP3 *and* SQL Express 2005 SP2 show up as prerequisites, and both installers try to execute before installation can proceed.

I unchecked the SP2 prerequisite, so the SP3 one is the only thing checked under the Redistributables list. Is there something else I need to do in order to remove the SP2 prerequisite from my installer?

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Did you rebuild the setup after you removed the SQL Express 2005 SP2 prerequisite?
0 Kudos
egreene
Level 3

I compiled and built the installer after removing the prerequisite, but it is still showing up.

I also checked the "ISSetupPrerequisites" under the FileImage and verified that only the SP3 installer is there. I even opened the .ism file with Notepad, and found the reference to SQL Express 2005 SP3, but could not find any reference to SP2.

I also tried removing the .prq files from the SetupPrerequisites directory, but then I got several errors when I tried to rebuild the project.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Ca you try creating a new project from scratch with adding the SQL Express 2005 SP3 prerequisite, and see if it is reproducible?
0 Kudos
egreene
Level 3

OK, I've discovered the reason why this was happening, although I'm not certain what to do about it.

In addition to SQL Server 2005 Express SP2, I had a prerequisite for SQL Server 2005 Express XMO (x64). It looks like that prerequisite is what is causing SQL Server 2005 SP2 to show up in the list. If I remove the XMO prerequisite, then only SP3 shows up when installing.

The odd thing to me is that the XMO prerequisite is causing SP2 to show up even when the prerequisite for the XMO is not met. The prerequisite has a condition that it is running on Windows Vista 64-bit, yet the SP2 prerequisite is showing up even on Windows XP 32-bit.

Is there some way to modify the XMO prerequisite to "point to" the SP3 prerequisite instead of SP2?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

You can check and modify the dependencies of the SQL Server 2005 Express XMO (x64) prerequisite using the Prerequisite Editor that can be launched from the Tools | Prerequisite Editor menu.
0 Kudos