cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiaJoksi
Level 3

.NET Framework 3.5 support

Hi all!
I'm using InstallShield2008 Professional and I have a problem with including .NET 3.5 support to my project.
I did this:

http://knowledge.macrovision.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q113761&sliceId=

and it does work, but problem is when I try to install my product, first it says that my product requires that .NET Framework 3.5 be installed, which is ok,
but when I click to install it, it opens new InstallShield window that says:

"My product optionally uses the Microsoft(R) .NET 2.0 Framework. Would you like to install it now?"

Maybe this happens because in the Media/Releases/myRelease/.NET/J# tab, field ".NET Framework version" is set to .NET 2.0. Also, field ".NET Framework location" is set to
"Download from the web". When I set this field to "Do not include", I'm getting a warning:

warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

What should I do? How can I turn off this dialog for .NET 2.0? I need only .NET 3.5 support 😞

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Bruno_Walter
Level 4

MiaJoksi wrote:
Hi all!
I'm using InstallShield2008 Professional and I have a problem with including .NET 3.5 support to my project.
I did this:

http://knowledge.macrovision.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q113761&sliceId=

and it does work, but problem is when I try to install my product, first it says that my product requires that .NET Framework 3.5 be installed, which is ok,
but when I click to install it, it opens new InstallShield window that says:

"My product optionally uses the Microsoft(R) .NET 2.0 Framework. Would you like to install it now?"

Maybe this happens because in the Media/Releases/myRelease/.NET/J# tab, field ".NET Framework version" is set to .NET 2.0. Also, field ".NET Framework location" is set to
"Download from the web". When I set this field to "Do not include", I'm getting a warning:

warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

What should I do? How can I turn off this dialog for .NET 2.0? I need only .NET 3.5 support 😞

Thanks

Set the field to "Do not include" as .NET 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 so any setting other than "Do not include" is redundant. It's simply unfortunate that InstallShield is unaware that you are installing .NET as a prerequisite and reports the warning so just ignore the warning.
0 Kudos
MiaJoksi
Level 3

Thanks a lot! 🙂
0 Kudos