cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_wong
Level 2

.NET Framework 2.0 as an installation requirement

Hi all,

I would like to create a installation package that checks for and installs .NET Framework 2.0 if it does not exist.

I would like it to install .NET Framework 2.0 from a local redistributable package (i.e. not download it from the Internet).

I cannot see it as an option to select from in the 'Installation Requirements' screen (image attached).

How can make it available to select, or do what I would like to achieve some other way?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi James,

In order to add a new condition for your setup kindly navigate to the Requirements view.

Right Click on the System software Requirements option and choose create a new Launch condition.

Choose the Registry entry option for the field Choose the item you want to search by from the list below:

Here you may search for the Registry key “SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727” with Registry value “Install” Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

This condition would search if .NET 2.0 Framework is installed on the target machine.

The option to include a custom prerequisite is not available in InstallShield Limited Edition.

The Prerequisite Editor tool which is available in Premier and Professional edition of InstallShield can be used to create a custom prerequisite.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
james_wong
Level 2

Thanks for your prompt reply, Lenwin.

Thanks especially for the information regarding custom prerequisites.

Regards, James
0 Kudos
markus1234
Level 2

Lenwin wrote:
The option to include a custom prerequisite is not available in InstallShield Limited Edition.

The Prerequisite Editor tool which is available in Premier and Professional edition of InstallShield can be used to create a custom prerequisite.

What's the difference between a custom prerequisite (which you indicate can not be created in ISLE) and a custom requirement (which can be created in ISLE)?
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Custom requirement option can be used to create your own condition which is evaluated before the installation proceeds.

A custom prerequisite is an option where you can add you own prerequisites through the prerequisite editor and include them to your projects.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos