cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oliverlan
Level 3

.NET 3.5 on Win8 x86

I included the .NET2.0 redistribution package within my installshield program and the installer make Windows to install the .NET 3.5 on Windows 8. as shown in the
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443.aspx

but after .NET 3.5 installation finished, I got an error dialog states:
Windows can not find c:\users\oliver\appData\Local\Temp\ISA92E.tmp\install.exe. Make sure you types the name correctly, and try again.

I lookup the Temp folder, the install.exe file was not in the ISA92E.tmp.
But I run the installer on the second time, it went through without any problem.

Any idea?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You may want to try using the new .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 prerequisite that is available in this KB article, and see if it resolves the problem:
Q210041: InstallShield Prerequisites for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows 7 and Later, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Later
0 Kudos
oliverlan
Level 3

I tried including the .NET3.5SP1 on my installer and got the same error message.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Are you able to enable .NET Framework 3.5 manually from Control Panel as explained in the MS artcle?
0 Kudos
oliverlan
Level 3

I got this error while enabling .NET 3.5:
0x800f0906: “Windows couldn't connect to the Internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, and click Retry to try again.”
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Please check out this thread.
0 Kudos
oliverlan
Level 3

The Link to Q210041 was broken, nothing shows up
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If you are using a newish verison of Internet Explorer, the Q210041 KB article requires that you turn on compatibility view. If you don't, you'll have the issue that you encountered when you try to visit the article.
0 Kudos