cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronM
Level 6

.NET 3.5 assemblies being added to install as dependency

I noticed that the dependency scan at build time is not properly exluding .NET 3.5 assemblies. As a result, the assemblies get added to the install.

Build log: Adding file 'System.Core.dll' that is a dependency of component 'Xyz'

The solution is to add these files to the Filters.xml located at C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Support. You can add the entries manually under the section. For example:

Reminder: Make sure to enter the file names as lower-case or it will not work.

Note: I do not have SP1 installed for InstallShield 2009. Are the .NET 3.5 files added to the filter in the service pack?

Related forum post for InstallShield 2008
http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=181559

InstallShield 2009 Help - Filtering Files
http://kb.acresso.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield15helplib/IHelpISXScannerFilterINIFormat.htm

Here is full listing of the assemblies that are installed in the GAC on computers with .NET 3.5 (C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5):
Microsoft.Build.Conversion.v3.5.dll
Microsoft.Build.Engine.dll
Microsoft.Build.Framework.dll
Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v3.5.dll
Microsoft.VisualC.STLCLR.dll
System.AddIn.Contract.dll
System.AddIn.dll
System.Core.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Data.Linq.dll
System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.dll
System.Management.Instrumentation.dll
System.Net.dll
System.ServiceModel.Web.dll
System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll
System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Windows.Presentation.dll
System.WorkflowServices.dll
System.Xml.Linq.dll
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Thanks for calling this to our attention; it looks like the last update was for adding .NET 3.0 files, so SP1 doesn't offer these for you. Your described solution sounds perfectly correct, so please continue using it. I've filed work order IOC-000074105 to address this next release.
0 Kudos