cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JZ03333
Level 2

My 2 installs don't get along

I created a Universal Installer Project and successfully installed it and the uninstalled it. We have 2 products that are similar so I did a "save as" on the first project and gave it a new name. Then I changed the UUID then updated the version levels under Installation Design>Advanced Properties >Key. Now if I install both products on one machine both uninstalls fail.

The error in the log file is:

(Sep 14, 2006 4:28:20 PM), Uninstall, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Uninstaller, err, java.lang.ClassCastException
STACK_TRACE: 9
java.lang.ClassCastException
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.initializeActiveNodeTable(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.setActiveStateForUninstallation(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$1600(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$UninstallProduct.uninstall(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Uninstaller.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any Clues why the cant get along???
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

check the uid's for the uninstalls - I would edit the .uip file and do a search on uid and make the changes there - a little easier then using the GUI!

But yes - I've had issues when I have done a save as in the past with using the same uid's - the uninstalls get muffed up in the VPD.

To try and get the uninstalls to work, try renaming this directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal\common\Gen1

and run the uninstalls - I forget if it bombs out totally but by renaming the directory and fixing the problem with the uids it should resolve your issue! You can just delete the install if it fails to uninstall!
0 Kudos
JZ03333
Level 2

Is there a utility that will automatically generate the multiple UUIDs needed?
0 Kudos
gkumar
Level 3

If the project you saved had features and components, uids will not be regenerated for them when you saved it and that might be your problem.
0 Kudos