cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordmaxx
Level 6

Multiple installs of the same MSI to different directories.

Im trying to create a way to install an MSI project to multiple directories (plugins for Adobe acrobat or Reader) And since a user could have multiple versions of Acrobat and Reader installed I want to install my product to the plugins directory of each one.

I can get the install paths for all of them and run the install multiple times using MSIInstallProduct and pass the path each time to the MSI, but what will this do for the Installation of the product as far as Uninstall and such. Will the deployed files all be under the umbrella of my wrapper installation project? Is there a way to make sure it happens this way?

Up to this point we've had the files put into the installation 6 times each (acrobat 6,7,8 and reader 6,7,8), but I am hoping to get the install size down.

thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
lordmaxx
Level 6

Or....should I deploy all the files to the 'Support Files' and then is there a way to deploy the files so the installer knows they are part of the installation?
0 Kudos
lordmaxx
Level 6

any thoughts? can I just deploy file as part of the install so they can be uninstalled from the temp file area?
0 Kudos