cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
un-obtainium
Level 3

Multiple Product Configurations / UpgradeCode

I have multiple product configurations. Each has a unique ProductCode and seperate Upgrade codes. These produce two simular products differentiated by a few features based on release flags. This works. However...

The problem comes in the Major Upgrade in the upgrade table. I need to have two MajorUpgrades. One for each product. But I want to tie them to a particular product configuration, via a release flag or condition. I dont see how to do this. Is it possible?

The reason why is I want to be able to install them on the same machine as two truely different products(not mutliple instances) and not have them try to upgrade eachother.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

You can select "Products Sharing My UpgradeCode" in the upgrade view. In the direct editor the Upgrade Table will show {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}.

This postpones the assignment of the UpgradeCode until during the build of the product configuration when the UpgradeCode is known.
0 Kudos
un-obtainium
Level 3

I am aware of that but I guess I never really understood what that meant when I had different Product configurations. I am going do some testing but I am hopeful this is a good solution.

Thanks!
0 Kudos