cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
faroflexera
Level 3

Multiple Installshield versions on same PC

I have Installshield 2020 on a PC. I would like to install Installshield 2023 on the same PC. Can I do it?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @faroflexera,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify, yes, InstallShield 2020 and InstallShield 2023 can coexist and be installed on the same machine. However, InstallShield 2023 R1 and InstallShield 2023 R2, for example, cannot coexist and be installed on the same machine. In other words, different major versions of InstallShield can be installed on the same machine, but the same major version of InstallShield at different service pack levels cannot be installed on the same machine.

Also, I do not believe it is a recommended best practice to install the full InstallShield IDE on the same machine as the InstallShield Standalone Build (SAB). To the best of my knowledge, the recommendation is to either install the full InstallShield IDE or the InstallShield SAB on the same machine, but not both.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Revenera_Ian,

I would like to migrate my projects from 2020 to 2023. I wanted to make sure that the installation is working with 2023 before moving away from 2020 and wasn't sure if InstallShield would allow this. I appreciate your prompt reply and clarification.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi @faroflexera,

Thank you for your reply.

You're welcome; I'm happy that I could help.

Did my reply resolve the issue? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "Kudo".

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos
marco_gastaldo
Level 3

Hi, I can just confirm you that I have on my workstation ISS 2018 R2 and 2021 R2 together with a lot of objects of previous releases...

Marco

0 Kudos