cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scheng
Level 3

Multiple Features to Different Directories

I have a project with multiple features and I wanted to know if it was possible to install the features into separate directories (not sub-directories of each other) specified by the end user by using the install dialogs during the Installation sequence. I have been experimenting with a test project and have not been successful. The errors I have been encountering are 2343 & 1606. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you haven't yet, you might look into the "Browse, create, or modify a directory entry" command in each component's and feature's Destination setting; that should help you set up separate destinations for each feature/component...
0 Kudos
Inabus
Level 6

Create new directories in the Directory table, lets call them DIRONE and DIRTWO, TARGETDIR as destination and . as the DefaultDir.

Set your feature and components in question to point to those 2 directorys as their destination, all you then need to do is set those properties to what ever directory you need during install, lets say C:\Windows\Pen.

I was updating the directory names using the command line when running msiexec but you could easily set the properties via the UI as part of a dialog box.

P
0 Kudos
scheng
Level 3

I played around with it a bit and got it working. Thanks for the input.
0 Kudos