cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kakris
Level 3

MultiTasking

I'm using InstallShield version 6.2 . I need to migrate Installshield 6.2 projects to InstallShield 2008 Professional.Is there any feature for Multi Tasking in InstallShield 2008 Professional or any other Editions.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
kakris
Level 3

Is it possible to build two or more projects at the same time using InstallShield2008 prof edition.
0 Kudos
MGarrett
Level 6

InstallShield 2008 supports the ability to open several instances of the IDE, so theoretically you could build several projects at once.
I haven't tried it, but you could also open multiple command prompts and use IsCmdBld.exe on several (different) projects at the same time. You can even automate this with a batch file or VB script.
0 Kudos
kakris
Level 3

I have tried with four different projects at the same time , but all the four projects have not been completed successfully . Is it possible to build multiple projects at a time. That is, has anyone succeeded in doing multiple projects at the same time.
0 Kudos
MGarrett
Level 6

I have successfully done 2 builds at the same time using 2 instances of the IS2008 Pro IDE. It runs a little slow due to limited network bandwidth since my source files are on a network server, but it works. So, to answer your question again, yes InstallShield 2008 has the capability to multitask.

Kakris, please provide more information and it will probably lead to a solution, rather than leading to guesses and speculation.
For example, how are you doing the builds? IDE or command-line? Is this a standalone-build machine? Are your projects stored in separate folders? Do they use the same source files? What error(s) do you receive when doing concurrent builds? Have you seen my missing eyeglasses? Why do my good ballpoint pens disappear, while the cheap ones multiply? Do the projects build successfully when you do them one at a time?
0 Kudos