cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylorfox
Level 2

Multi-disk installs can't read other disks

I tried making an installer for some stuff for a friend of mine for when he has to reformat his computer. My build is a few disks big, but when I tested it and it asks for any other disk it can't seem to read it as the right disk and says to insert the proper disk. Not sure what could be wrong, plus I'm new to InstallShield, so bare with me. Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

For Windows Installer installations (Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI projects), installing multi-disk installations requires that the setup files be run from removable media (i.e. burned CDs or DVDs, it cannot be run from a hard drive or network location) and that the volume labels for the removable media match the volume labels in the Media table of the built MSI package. If you are using the default release settings in your project, the volume labels will typically be DISKx, where 'x' is 1 through the last numbered disk. If the volume labels for your removable media do not match the labels in the MSI's Media table, the installation will continue to prompt for the next disk. Please see the Windows Installer Media table doc for more information.
0 Kudos
tylorfox
Level 2

Didn't realize the volume label mattered that much for some reason. Now I just gotta reburn the dvd's again. Works now, thanks a bunch.
0 Kudos