cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean_larkin
Level 4

MsiSummaryInfoSetProperty error code

I'm trying to use the MsiSummaryInfoSetProperty function in an InstallScript to set the "TEMPLATE" property to "x64; 1033" in a custom action. I want to make an installation that indentifies whether or not the target machine is 64-bit or 32-bit, and then set the correct properties so the installation is performed correctly. I wrote an installscript that should check if the machine is 64-bit and then change the summary template property. Is this the correct way to go about this? When I try this method I get the error code 1780 freturned or the MsiSummaryInfoSetProperty function, but this is not one of the codes in the function reference. Does anyone know the meaning of this code?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

No, you cannot do it this way. Once the MSI is running, its database and summary information stream are read-only. You might be able to run this code externally in a custom bootstrapper, although this could cause related problems in that any digital signatures would be invalidated. In general one needs to make two MSI packages if one wants to support 32-bit machines and also support 64-bit specific directories and/or registry.
0 Kudos