cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhlavinka
Level 4

MsiFileHash Keys not Synchronized in Minor Update

I have generated a minor update with InstallShield that contains several folders that use InstallShield's dynamic file linking. They're setup so that there is no KeyPath set in the Component table such that the folder specified in the Directory_ column is the keypath.

During creation of the minor update, everything appears to be properly synchronized between the original and minor update except the MsiFileHash keys with the file table. This includes the File table entries for the dynamic file linking. However, the entries in MsiFileHash do not match anything in and are thus flagged as errors by ICE03.

Has anyone else experienced this or knows what causes it? Unfortunately, I cannot repro it in a small installation. Mine is fairly large and has been upgraded through several versions of InstallShield.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

A hotfix for this issue was previously posted in the following thread:
http://community.installshield.com/showpost.php?p=428612&postcount=8
0 Kudos
mhlavinka
Level 4

That does not solve my problem. It simply leaves out the dynamic files from MsiFileHash.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The referenced fix addresses the original issue with MsiFileHash invalid foreign keys by walking the _Validation table of the MSI package being built for any foreign key references to the File table's File column and updates all as needed when file keys are synched to a previous package. Even if the _Validation table references were bad, that should leave invalid foreign keys in the MsiFileHash table, not drop them.

Can you provide any additional details or a way to reproduce this behavior?
0 Kudos