cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_McKinnon
Level 3

Move installshield to a different computer

I thought this would be a fairly basic question, but I can't find anything on it.

I have a new computer and I want to move installshield from the old computer to the new computer.

How do I unregister it on the old computer so I can register it on the new computer?

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
dan_galender
Level 10

If the machine that has InstallShield on it is connected to the Internet when you uninstall it, it should free up that installation so that you can then activate IS on a different conputer.
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Install the IS on the new machine, and copy the ISUIServices.dll from C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\System from old computer and replace it on the new computer in the same location.
I think it should work, it worked for me.
0 Kudos
Derek_McKinnon
Level 3

I've tried both these approaches, and neither worked.

What else can I do?
0 Kudos
dan_galender
Level 10

perhaps if you could be more specific about what you saw and the order that you did things someone on this forum could be of help.

However, given that "neither worked", most likely a call to support will be required.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The unregistration process takes place during the uninstall of the product. Unless you do that, it won't work right.

It may be easier to contact support at 847-413-2896 for specific assistance with this case ( A support contract isn't required for installation / activation issues ).
0 Kudos
Derek_McKinnon
Level 3

Well I've now been on hold for 20 minutes. I suspect that since it's 8:30pm in Chicago, the office is not open for support calls (which doesn't work very well for me since I'm in Australia).

However the voice on the "on hold" message keeps telling me I simply have to wait for their next available operator.

So do I stay on hold, or is the voice on the message lying to me?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sorry for the inconvenience there. I'll let someone know because I believe there's supposed to be a "we're closed right now" type of message, but, to be honest, I'm not sure of the process ( so don't quote me on that! 🙂 ).

The support hours for the InstallShield Product are between 8:00am and 5:30pm Central Time. That means they're closing here in about 10 minutes from the time of this posting.
0 Kudos