cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KurzFranz
Level 2

More .exe in an install shield project

Hello !

Formerly I managed to use InstallShield (12 and then 2008), when there was only one .exe application, and more other .dll-s in the project. Now the situation is the following, I want to solve two additional tasks.

1. I would like to put the "vcredist_x86.exe" to the install shield, as I dont know, what kind of .dll-s exists on the client's machine. At first I put this file beside the above mentioned .exe file at the "Application Files" in the wizard. The result was not good, as although I got a short link to the "vcredist_x86.exe", but I wanted to run it automatically. Then I tried to do it with Scripts, but I failed. I followed the following instructions (a similar problem), at website : http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=170483
It did not work for me.

2. How to put a certificate file, and to make it run (similar to the former problem, I think)

Regards, Franz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KurzFranz
Level 2

I went to Behavior and Logic->Install Script
I added a new script file, and got setup.rul. I copyed the code to setup.rule

#include "ifx.h"

function OnBegin( )
NUMBER nReturn;
begin
nReturn = LaunchAppAndWait(WINDIR^"notepad.exe", "", WAIT);

if (nReturn = 0) then
MessageBox("Notepad launched fine.", INFORMATION);
else
MessageBox("Drat.", WARNING);
endif;
end;

The function name changed to OnBegin. I compiled the setup.rul. Made the nuild for the whole project, and expected notepad to run. It did not run.
0 Kudos
charlieantao
Level 6

For your first problem, rather than including vcredist_x86.exe, you could include the Microsoft VC runtimes merge module in your project
0 Kudos