cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

More Suite Questions

I've been playing around with a Suite project. I like it so far. Here are some questions and observations.
1. Is there better documentaion forthcoming?
2. Is there an update coming soon?
3. Currently the [ISInstallStatus] property just says things like "Installing Package". OK, I have 5 packages. It sure would be nice to be able to display WHICH of 5 packages is currently being installed. Ideally it could say "Installing Package - Workstation", etc. Is there a way to accomodate something like that?
Actually, it would be great if we could display the 'Display Name'. The package GUID does not help the average user.
4. Some of the packages have prompts and selection trees that are displayed when I run install the package individually. Those are not present when I install via Suite. How do I get it to allow the display and allow me to respond to prompts?
I'm sure there will be more questions... but this is a good start.
Thanks 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Documentation is always targeted for improvement; if you have specific questions, please do ask them - it will help us target the improvements. In addition, we're writing blog articles that have an opportunity to do deep dives along various things you might want to do with a Suite project.

We don't make any date promises, but we're hoping to roll up some hotfixes and a few other cleanups by the end of the calendar year.

Check the properties you can see change in a /debuglog; I think ISParcelStatus might have some of what you want, but not all.

You can either try to incorporate parts of your existing MSI UI as Suite UI, then pass properties on the Install Operation's command line; or you can run your MSI as an EXE parcel. See the bottom of Installing a Suite: Package Operations for some more details on that.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Michael,
Thanks for getting me going in the right direction. Running as an exe is what I need to be doing. I am sure I will have more questions... but at least now I am making progress 🙂
0 Kudos