cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyamstrad
Level 6

Modifying the setuperror dialog

As above, I particulary would like to exclude the ignore button on the MB_ABORTRETRYIGNORE flag. Tried using conditions, but this generates an error 2835, the control was not found on the dialog.

Cheers in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Could you post more details about what you're trying to do (under what circumstances you want to suppress the Ignore button, and all that)?
0 Kudos
andyamstrad
Level 6

Hi Robert

Im trying to use the error setup dialog for error handling. My Installscript custom action calls other installscript functions which can in turn raise errors and display the error dialog. In some scenarios there are different error levels e.g. just a warning, so therefore no abort required, then a more severe error in which case an abort or retry may be used.

I just need to be able to modify the exisiting error dialog, but the flag such as abort retry and ignore appears to be constant. I want to be able to diaplay my own buttons??

Hope that makes sense.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Are you calling MsiProcessMessage? If so, the help page for that function mentions how to specify message box styles (including MB_RETRYCANCEL, which is similar to MB_ABORTRETRYIGNORE without the IGNORE)...
0 Kudos
andyamstrad
Level 6

Hi Robert

Yes Im using MsiProcessMessage.

The flags are not sufficient for my purpose e.g. MB_RETRYCANCEL could be used but I would like the following buttons:

[Continue], [Abort/Retry/Continue] and [Abort].

Therefore I require 2 single buttons for continue and abort. I could use the OK buttons and relabel it to [Continue] for example, but then im still left with the [Abort] button.

Do you see where Im going.

So I wondered if I could add my own buttons to the dialog and display them using msiprocessmessage?

I noticed there is a MB_DEFBUTTON1/2/3/4 etc but Im not sure how these would work?
0 Kudos