cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chorti10
Level 2

Missing delete operation for xml file changes in Installshield 2019

I'm working on Installscript project and noticed that functionality to delete xml attributes is not present in installshield  2019 but it is on Installshield 2015. Documentation for 2019 says that it should be available but it is not. I have premier edition on both versions. any idea what could be happening.

IS2015withRemoveOption.png

IS2019WithoutRemoveOption.png

thanks,

Erik

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Unfortunately I don't have any instances of IS2019 to test this on as its been End-of-Lifed - 
However if you create a new test project in IS2019 - add a new XML File and Element - does the operation to remove show there?

This could tell us if its just an issue with your project or something else.

I created a similar sample in IS2024 and everything appeared to be normal with the remove operation present.

0 Kudos

Hi Shunt,

I created a Basic MSI with nothing else and imported the xml file and there is no drop list with the 3 items. the only option is Create.

thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Erik, 

I've done some digging in our archived work orders and it looks like this was unfortunately reported as a Bug in Installshield 2019.
The fix was created and implemented in Installshield 2020 onwards.

If you have a current maintenance plan with us, you can upgrade to the latest version of Installshield at no extra cost which would resolve this issue for you.

0 Kudos