cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stechsrw
Level 3

Minor Upgrade TargetDir issues

I am having the same problem listed here: http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=133738

When I perform a minor upgrade (Project was created in Dev8, and upgraded to 12) on a target machine the files are being installed to the root of the 😧 every time. Any thoughts? This is a huge issue for me and I would appreciate any help!

Update: It now appears that all of our projects both new in IS2008 and those upgraded from Dev8 are not putting all of the files into the INSTALLDIR on a Minor Upgrade, but into the root of a drive on the system. I have a messagebox in my script that shows INSTALLDIR is correct in OnResumeUIBefore, but it is getting changed at some point. Any help woud be appreciated!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
stechsrw
Level 3

I still don't know how to fix the issue I lited above, but I have atleast figured out a workaround for now. I would still really appreciate some comment on this though.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Most times that I have seen the root-of-the-drive become the destination in a minor upgrade, there has been at least one important problem uncovered by the upgrade validators. Have you run those and resolved all important errors?
0 Kudos
stechsrw
Level 3

Yes I have run the validator for upgrade and it says everything passes... This is why I am at a total loss.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

And you have a correctly configured minor upgrade item in the upgrades view?
0 Kudos
stechsrw
Level 3

Yes I configured a Minor upgrade and it works when I build the install in Dev8, but when I build the same install in IS2008 it has this problem.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Well, there go the easy things. Does a verbose log taken of the minor upgrade have any pointers to what's happening to the directory entries related to the files getting installed to the root of the drive? If you can't identify the cause, since the minor upgrade is being built with rather disparate major versions of InstallShield, can you consider performing a major upgrade instead? InstallScript MSI did undergo several important changes between 11.5 and 12, which will apply to this jump.
0 Kudos
stechsrw
Level 3

My workaround for now is to perform a major upgrade. I was just hoping that I was not going crazy when I could not get a simple minor upgrade to work.
0 Kudos