cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bppatel
Level 3

Migrating from IS 11.5 to IS 2009. Need help windows 64bit support

I am trying to migrate from IS 11.5 to IS 2009. I am currently looking to all the differences between IS 11.5 and IS 2009. One area I am kind of stuck in is native Windows 64 bit support. Is there any difference between IS 11.5 and IS 2009 when it comes to Windows 64 bit support. We currently have to do some build time hacks and registry key hacks for our installer to work properly on Windows 64 bit. Is there a way to build separate installer for Win 32 and Win 64 using IS 2009?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jlocke
Level 3

I am trying to find such information now as well.
Going to 64-bit potentially mandates some significant changes.

I have seen some help pages about this, so I would read the Release notes and other documents Acresso has released on the forum for starters.

One thing I read recently that may help you: apparently in order to support both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, there need to be 2 separate project files (which I think means two separate installers), one for 32-bit, and one for 64.

To set or update the instalshield as needed for the end platform, go to general Information -> Summary Information Stream, and look at Template summary. (this is within the Installation Designer).
It may well show some values including Intel for you. For 64-bit support, this must be updated to Intel64, if you only plan to support 64-bit Intel.

I tried putting both Intel and Intel64 in there, and would not let me.
I then learned you have to have separate projects for each Intel and Intel64.
0 Kudos
bppatel
Level 3

jlocke wrote:
I am trying to find such information now as well.
Going to 64-bit potentially mandates some significant changes.

I have seen some help pages about this, so I would read the Release notes and other documents Acresso has released on the forum for starters.

One thing I read recently that may help you: apparently in order to support both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, there need to be 2 separate project files (which I think means two separate installers), one for 32-bit, and one for 64.

To set or update the instalshield as needed for the end platform, go to general Information -> Summary Information Stream, and look at Template summary. (this is within the Installation Designer).
It may well show some values including Intel for you. For 64-bit support, this must be updated to Intel64, if you only plan to support 64-bit Intel.

I tried putting both Intel and Intel64 in there, and would not let me.
I then learned you have to have separate projects for each Intel and Intel64.

We are currently using InstallScript (no MSI) project and I do not see Summary Information Stream under General Information section. How can I enable 64-bit only support in InstallScript project.
0 Kudos
puresoul
Level 4

We are also going on Windows 64 bit, does InstallShield 11.5 supports 64 bit ??
0 Kudos
bppatel
Level 3

puresoul wrote:
We are also going on Windows 64 bit, does InstallShield 11.5 supports 64 bit ??

It does not have native 64bit support. But, it would work on 64bit machines if you can make changes to put registry keys in proper folders.
0 Kudos