cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silaspeter
Level 2

Microsoft VSTO 2010 Runtime Prerequisite

Experts,

Could you please tell me how to customize the prerequisite file to check the registry based on the windows bitness? On a 64 bit operating system the location to check for is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4

How do I check the registry based on the bitness of the operating system?

I am looking for a prq file which installs my 32 bit office (outlook) addin on both 32 bit OS and 64 bit OS, but checks the prerequisite for VSTO as follows

1) if OS is 32 bit then search in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4R
2) if OS is 64 bit then search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4

Also how do I check if if VSTO version is greater than or equal to v4?

Thanks in anticipation.

SP.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Unfortunately, Installshield limited edition do not have a feature to edit\ create new prerequisites. In order to achieve the required behavior you will need to upgrade to latest installshield professional or premier edition.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
silaspeter
Level 2

the prq file is just an xml file and should be editable? what would the xml file look like if it were edited in pro/premier edition?

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately, Installshield limited edition do not have a feature to edit\ create new prerequisites. In order to achieve the required behavior you will need to upgrade to latest installshield professional or premier edition.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

I do agree that, a prq file will be in xml format, when try to edit the prerequisite using premier or professional editions of installshield you will be able to modify the prerequisite in GUI mode, which is not available in installshield limited edition.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos